Do you need school funding to help encourage your students to exercise more?
There are a number of school funding outlets out there, one of which is the national ‘Awards for All’ scheme.
By filling in an online application form, you can apply for up to £10,000 of funding towards your project.
The funding is available for all schools, voluntary groups, charities and not-for-profit organisations and will be awarded to those who tick the below priorities:
• The project must bring communities together
• It must improve the places and spaces that matter to communities
• It must enable people to fulfil their potential by working to address issues
Why put school funding in sporting equipment?
In 2016, the Government set out a 10-year plan to reduce England’s rate of childhood obesity by encouraging the following:
• Cut out the amount of sugar in food and drinks
• Primary school children to eat more healthily and stay active
Nearly a third of children aged 2 to 15 are overweight, the root cause being an energy imbalance – taking in more energy through food than being used through activity.
The UK Chief Medical Officers’ recommend children should engage in moderate to vigorous intensity physical activity for at least 60 minutes a day. Evidence shows that physical activity and taking part in organised sports leads to improved academic performance.
Other benefits include: an increase in bone and muscle strength and an improved quality of sleep.
How we can help
We have a wide range of products which fit within the funded amount. We will provide you with:
• The most appropriate piece of bespoke equipment for your school’s needs
• A full quote
• A design and layout for your project for you to submit with your application
• Any further support (we cannot help you fill in your application)
For more information about the scheme visit the Big Lottery Fund website
* We cannot provide assistance in helping you fill out your questionnaire
* We are not representatives of the scheme – we are just here to point you in the right direction